Sunday, June 16, 2013

Purple, Green and Gold Sandal

As I've said before, I think it's mighty tough to have too many purple, green and gold shoes. This is my second 2014 shoe in the traditional colors of Mardi Gras and I'm sure there will be more. 

The purple, green and gold on the main body of the show are all Tulip glitter. I love the brightness of Tulip, though it's worth pointing out that it's probably more expensive than some other options because it's made to survive machine-washing. Also, maybe I'm imagining it, but Tulip seems to be getting coarser/chunkier than I remember.

I was out of Tulip green, so I glittered the sole of the shoe with green ArtMinds (a glitter from Michael's that comes in stackable containers). This is the first bottle of ArtMinds I've ever tried and I love it, the green I bought has some gold glitter mixed in and the finished effect is gorgeous.

I lined the edges in gold sequin trim (I bought a big roll a while back) and purple sequin trim along the bottom edge (one of those great cheap 5 yard rolls from Michael's I've mentioned before). The puff of feathers on the back are about an inch of the boa I picked up at an estate sale

Finished shoe! (Apart from lettering)

I don't seem to have any decent pictures of the shoe before it was trimmed, this is the best I've got of the shoe with finished glittering/no trim.
 
Side view of the finished shoe that shows a little of the green sole and stripes on the back bit of the show. This picture also shows the bottom edge lining of purple sequins.
 
Top view of the shoe - gold interior will be a little less monotonous when I add "MUSES," probably in purple but I'm considering doing the blue and white tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment